Friday, April 20, 2007

AJCO 2007 - THE JOURNEY BEGINS...

AJCO 23rd (JC2) and 24th (JC1) batch has been practicing very hard for their SYF (On 10th May). I guess I shall start to 'narrate' their progress since it is already so near to their SYF. With Siew Ping's comment on how our blog serves to connect AJCO 'graduates' with the current juniors, I shall blog more about the situation of our current AJCO juniors. (Anyway, I will try to help them set up a blog as well so we can have better insights on the juniors' activities and hope this will go on as a tradition).

Anyway, here are some photos of their practices. This practice was held in the AJCO hall 10th Feb 2007. When the juniors were playing, the music sounds very 壮观. I guess it is the sound effect of our hall. =P When I took the 2nd photo, I notice the light behind them was quite glaring. As if, AJCO is glowing. So... I kind of associate these this photo as a representation of hope in getting a GOLD AWARD!!!


I see light (hope for a SYF Gold Award)!!!

Another occasion is their CNY performance (16th Feb) where they simply use two weeks to master the song. Xiuhua and I were there to support them. We were quite impressed with their standard given the number of inexperienced junior intakes we had. Here are some photos:

Damn HOT at the backstage (Top)

Esther (Student Conductor) with a 'V' sign at the backstage (Top)

I dunno how many of you know the experience of performing in AJCO hall (excluding aircon). Probably, those who have performed with my batch AJCO (16th) will understand. We had an entire concert held in AJC hall (before the renovated version) when we played 迎春锣鼓,东海渔歌,昭君怨 etc. AND... The guys were wearing 中山装 (the very thick cheena coat for guys) on the outside and a white long sleeves shirt inside. WTH... UNBEARABLE!!! Haiz... So i guess the juniors are much luckier nowadays. I think we can organize one day to ask interested juniors to watch the video of our past performances. =D (WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT EARLIER) Anyway, AJCO's performance (龙腾虎跃) is the finale AGAIN... Yeah... We must be proud of that! And the response was great from the audiences... Students were screaming and screaming as if their idols were performing on stage. Here are the pictures:


Miss Chua (Bihe) commented that the backdrop made by the students look ugly (cos its white in colour). Frankly, I feel that it looks like those white cloth people used during Chinese funeral. YUCKS!!!

If I manage to bring my camera to AJCO during their practices again, let me show you how our juniors engaged in various strategies to inspire them to practice harder. Some of them are quite hilarious. Will continue the journey of AJCO (23rd and 24th) batch when I get more photos. I hope the journey will 'end' with a GOLD AWARD in SYF on the 10th of May 2007. For those who wanna go back to AJCO and encourage them, give me a call at 94387151. I can help you all check out their practice schedule (basically their schedule is everyday now).

Just an update: I went to their practice yesterday evening, they played their 自选曲 splendidly. YEAH!!!

BEST WISHES,

Ah Liang. =D

No comments: