Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Kukup = Priceless!!!

PRICELESS!!!

$83 Only?

So Cheeeaapppp??!!!! Yes. Our Kukup trip is merely $83, consisting of the transport (with an Ah Beng driver who is surprisingly nice), the accommodation (best chalet I have been to so far) and food (Best BBQ Chicken wings and Otak). Best Buy Best Lobang!!!

$20 Mahjong Lesson Fee (50 Ringgit)

The Kukup’s MJ session cost me quite a bit. Zeyi, Mervin (with Kaiching as the Kwan Ying Niang Niang), Baohe and me played about 3 rounds of MJ. As usual, I was enjoying the PROCESS of making my 5 ‘Tais’ (for many times) when Zeyi, Baohe and Mervin (with Kwan Ying) intercepted my “Hu2s”. So… I lost $20 to Mervin and Zeyi (think Baohe lost also but not as bad) which I replaced it with $50 ringgits. That was not all. I spent the $20 to miss the sunset that everyone enjoyed in that evening. $20 + a sunset were quite a loss.

Look at my remaining chips!! =(

100 Ringgits = 50 Sing Dollar = A Nice Calvin Klein Sweater

At JUSCO (Claimed by our ‘guide’ to be the biggest shopping mall in Malaysia), I bought a nice Calvin Klein white sweater at 100 ringgits. Wait till I wear it one day and “fashion show” in AJCO room. =P. Oh. Lilian, Chunming, Xiuhua and I bought two weirdly chopped coconuts. Let me try to explain it in words (no picture of it). The person chopped off the entire husk, leaving the white meat still in a circular form with the water still inside. Is that clear enough?

$9 8-Course Meal

This is quite worth the $9. The 8-course meal which we had before we went back to Singapore includes a nice Beijing Duck (with the head sliced into two... YUCKS!) and Shark Fin (with more jelly strips than shark fin and a lot of vinegar). The Tofu was very nice and the Century Egg was smelly enough to be tasty. Luckily, no more crabs (very hard to de-shell them) in this 8-course meal.

What is that $140 extra?

This $140 really pains me. When I reached Singapore, I realized one of my lenses was badly stained. So I tried to get rid of it but the stain just didn’t go off. In the end, I tried scrapping it off but it got worse. So I went to an optic shop to ask to change that lens. The person told me that I have to change two or else one will look clear and nice while the old one will look yellowish. So that is where my $140 went to. Sob sob sob!!!

Total $301 But the Experience is Priceless

Yeap! I have spent 301 bucks as a result of the Kukup trip. However, the fun and experience cannot be gauge in monetary terms.

1) Friendship = Priceless!

2) Holding the Horse Shoe Crab by the Tail = Priceless

3) Whistling the 10 Cent Whistle Sweet = Priceless


4) Photos taken with Xiuhua = Priceless



5) The Chicken Wings, Otak and Giant Prawns = Priceless

6) Playing with Fireworks = Priceless

7) Singing “Little Umbrella” with Qi Ling = Priceless

8) Learning how to chew Bubble Gum (W/o biting tongue) = Priceless

By Zhiliang

No comments: